Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Knickers to Re-Cycling!

In tribute to the "kred-eet cHruinch" (I'm not pronouncing or spelling this over used phrase this year, like Rumpelstiltskin or Demons, to name a thing is to have power over it so I refuse to use this depressing little phrase) I engaged in some Making-do-and-mending today.

This is my favorite white shirt, it has a lovely hula girl emroidered on the back, with a real wiggly grass skirt. Its made by Dragonfly and I found it reduced in TK Max years ago and wore it on my wedding day.

As you can see the skirt has frayed and looks really moth eaten.

Once a few years ago my wife challenged me to buy her some sexy pants for Xmas, well I failed with these tasseled showgirl pants. She never wore them but I have identified them as a suitable source of replacement hula girl skirt tassels.

Advert your eyes vicar, the lady has no skirt on, I had to unpick the original skirt from behind.

Finally the replacement skirt sewn on and the shirt is ready to be worn again, after a wee wash as its a bit musty from being at the back of the wardrobe unworn for so long.

No comments: