Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Its Kitschmas - door 23
Almost finished as we reach "The Night of the Radishes" not a low budget vegetarian horror movie but a enchanting art event in Oaxaca, where the large red radishes into nativity scenes.
I remember those radishes well, on my return flight from Mexico many years ago i asked for the vegetarian meal, which was identical to the meat-eaters except the fish/chicken had been replaced by slices of large red radish.
Ah behind door 23 we have the return of John Waters and his Christmas compilation album "A John Waters Christmas", a fantastic collection of Christmas songs, I'm torn between the Chipmonks or Little mary Christmas as being the best track.
1. Fat Daddy “Fat Daddy (Is Santa Claus)”
2. Tiny Tim “Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer”
3. Stormy Weather “Christmas Time Is Coming (A Street Carol)”
4. Little Cindy “Happy Birthday Jesus (A Child’s Prayer)”
5. Rudolph and Gang “Here Comes Fatty Claus”
6. Roger Christian “Little Mary Christmas”
7. Big Dee Irwin and Little Eva “I Wish You A Marry Christmas”
8. Jimmy Donley “Santa! Don’t Pass Me By”
9. Alvin and The Chipmunks “Sleigh Ride”
10. Rita Faye Wilson “Sleigh Bells, Reindeer and Snow”
11. The Coctails “First Snowfall”
12. AKIM & the Teddy Vann Production Company “Santa Claus Is A Black Man”